Travel: Handling Lost or Missing Receipts

Handling Lost or Missing Receipts
Per fiscal policy, FI0705 – Travel, receipts for travel expenses are required for all travel expenses over $10, with the exception of Fraudulent/Disputed Charge, International Transaction Fees, Negative Adjustment to Total, Tolls, Car Mileage, Meals – Per Diem, and Cash Advance Returns. Credit card statements or slips are accepted for ground transportation, tolls, baggage fees and parking. Receipts are always required for fuel regardless of the amount. Travelers using a UT Travel Card may access card statements via their Global Card Access account. Receipts for airfare booked through World Travel or Concur can be retrieved by submitting a Passenger Airline Ticket Receipt Request form.

Receipts are always required for airfare, hotels, and car rentals.  If these are missing, the vendor can be contacted and a replacement receipt obtained.  

NOTE: Acceptable receipts must be issued by the vendor, be legible and include, the amount, dated of purchase and details of the charge(s).

If other expense type receipts are missing, Concur handles this with the Missing Receipts Declaration feature. The traveler must create the Missing Receipt Declaration, a delegate cannot access this feature for the traveler.

Screen Short of Missing Receipt Declaration

Expenses that require a receipt will be displayed on the Create Receipt Declaration screen.  If an expense report already has a receipt or is a receipt that does not require a receipt, it will not be displayed on the screen. 

Concur provides documentation on how to use this feature in a brief video as well as a printable tips sheet.

If you have questions or need additional assistance utilizing the University’s travel system, please contact


Article ID: 137120
Mon 12/6/21 1:50 PM
Wed 1/25/23 12:26 PM

Related Articles (1)